Hi , please I need help with the assignment below.
Assignment 1: HR Management
Due Week 2 and worth 125 points
Imagine you are the HR manager at a company, and an employee came to you upset because she felt a male co-worker had sexually harassed her by repeatedly asking her out on dates even after she said “no.” What would you do?
Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
- Formulate the conversation you would have with the employee, based the concepts found in Chapter 2 in your textbook.
- Summarize the conversation you would have with the employee’s male co-worker, based on the concepts found in Chapter 2 of your textbook.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the human resource management process, its role in supporting the overall organizational strategies, and the various functions involved in human resource management.
- Explain the key provisions of major government legislation affecting human resource management, including equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, health and safety, and labor relations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.
Human Resource Management 1. How might each HR function be affected by the reduction in force? Remember that all employees at IFP are not members of the union. Staffing – HR will need to ensure that the company will have the proper number employees which makes them involved in determining the most appropriate number of employees to let go to achieve organizational objectives. This involves job analysis to determine what skills, and knowledge each remaining employee has. After determining the skills and knowledge off the employees, human resource planning involves matching the remaining employees with the open positions. If after the downsizing takes place and the remaining employees have insecurity issues such as feeling they will be next to be let go, HR will then need to start a recruitment process by attracting and accepting new applicants. HR will then have to do the selection process by choosing the proper number of applicants best suited for the position and the organization. Human Resource Development is the process of training the remaining employees or the new applicants for the open positions. This will also include organizational development to ensure a more behavioral work environment, career planning